Friday, August 4, 2017

Beauty and Freedom

My subject is:
A quote from one of my all time favorite books, The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga, says: "Iqbal, that great poet, was so right. The moment you recognize what is beautiful in this world, you stop being a slave. To hell with the Naxals and their guns shipped from China. If you taught every poor boy how to paint, that would be the end of the rich in India.”
Do you agree? Why or why not?

To say I am intimidated by this subject would be an understatement. I don't want to butcher someone's favorite book and I worried that I would do just that with my interpretation of the above quote. I'm going to give it a shot though.

I agree with the quote and here's why; beauty is simplistic and simplicity is what we need in this stressed out world. When you spend your time worrying over every little detail, when you become a slave to life, a piece of you dies every single second. It's a heartbreaking truth, but a truth nonetheless. 

It isn't until we start seeing through the haze of bullshit and start looking for the beauty in our plight that we are really free. Freedom doesn't come with money or anything like that. It comes with being able to see the beauty in a sunset or being brought to tears by the colors of a field of flowers. It's hearing a song that inspires you. 

Recognizing what is beautiful in this world is easy, you just have to be open to it. 


Welcome to a Secret Subject Swap. This week 11 brave bloggers picked a secret subject for someone else and were assigned a secret subject to interpret in their own style. Today we are all simultaneously divulging our topics and submitting our posts. My subject is above and it was submitted by the lovely Jenniy from Climaxed. I hope I didn't butcher this!!!

Click the links below to see what my friends have for you!

 

4 comments:

  1. I like your interpretation better than the original quote :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was intimidating! I agree with your interpretation though. I used to be always, "I can't wait until tomorrow when things are better, more money, more time.(insert a million other things)" Today I just enjoy it whatever comes along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with your interpretation. I find that if we don't work hard to find beauty where we can and hold onto it, the times where we cannot see it are way darker. Getting back to appreciation can be something to strive for in those times.

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?